My recent trip to the Victoria and Albert Museum got me such great pictures and inspirations for my next design process that I went into a little CO (Creative Overload)!
All the pictures are pretty straight forward.
If you like any of my animal rings,Check out http://www.wonsuponatime.com
If you like my delta necklace,Check out http://www.gemlettuce.com
Can’t really help you with the V&A collection:)
You could spot Julia Sarr-Jamois in a crowd from a distance. The perfect Afro gives it away!That is a trademark, ofcourse the Denim jackets, the sneakers, alternating between the 5inch Stilettos and the prints and colours thrown together to make the perfect look, helps in spotting the 23 year old Model-turn-Stylist-turn-Editor for Wonderland Magazine at practically every Fashion event.
Half Sengalese-half French,Julia started her career pretty soon,dropping out of college and pursuing an internship at I.D.Magazine, and soon securing a the Editor Title at Wonderland (which I think she has been at since 2010).
She can work a casual sportswear with wide legged trouser,looking effortless chic with that hair and statement accessories!(Almost always with huge sunglasses!)
Some of her looks:
Image Sources: Here,Here,Here,Here,Here, Here and Here
Dear Fellow Bloggers!
Christmas is officially here! Everything from the Radio to Tele to even Spotify has a Christmas songs playlist lined up for you!
Some of you came and joined me at The first London Fashion Bloggers Meetup earlier in the month.
We are catching up again, on 3rd December 2012, for a Christmas London Fashion Bloggers Meetup to wrap up the year in style.
Time: 6:30 pm
Venue: The Bumpkin, 209 Westbourne Park road London, W11 1 EA
Closest tube: Ladbroke Grove or Westbourne Park (District,Hammersmith,Circle line) Notting Hill Gate (District, Circle, Central lines)
One of the main task I am trying to achieve through this meet up is to create Collaboration with your fellow Bloggers in the form of Guest Blogging, which is a great way of sharing readers and working together.
6:30-7:00 Checking in And Getting comfortable with drinks
7:00- 8:00 Getting Comfortable with Drinks and Nibbles (Bumpkin has Sponsored some great Canapes!)
8:00-8:30 : “Monetize your Blog’s Content” by Travis Lee Street.
“Travis Lee Street is the Brand Director of fashion discovery startup Shop Of Me, Director of digital agency Applaud Social and founder of fashion/culture blog COMEINTOLAND. He recently was part of Decoded Fashion London and was asked to 10 Downing Street as a tech entrepreneur in the fashion space.
He has been speaking on SEO, social media, branding, and content creation for the past two years.”
8:30 – end of the Night: Networking and Creating Collaborations.
Image Source: http://www.bumpkin.co.uk/caption
ALSO, a HUGE THANK YOU to Photographer Leyla Razavi of http://www.leylarazavi.photoshelter.com for covering the event! If you are looking for a photographer, some of her work can be seen here.
Please leave a comment with your Name,Blog, Twitter handle at the end of this post so that I have a estimate of how many of you are joining us.The Bumpkin has space for quite a few of us, which is great and also there is a TV screen so hopefully I can get in some speakers now for a casual session!
As some of you came for the last meetup, here are their details:
People who are joining us on 3rd December are:
- Chloe Watts @chloedigital from http://www.chloedigital.com
- Adam Martin @adammmartin from http://www.excitablemob.tumblr.com
- Lenique Louis, Jewellery Designer from http://www.leniquelouis.com @leniquelouis23
- Chris Chasseud, @chrischass from chris-chass-eau-d.tumblr.com/
- Stephanie Takyi, @stef_scoop http://www.stefscoop.com
- Ilze Pauela, Designer and Fashion PR
- Tolu Olojo
- Taylar Powell
- Ella Martignetti
- Dovile Malachauskaite
- Heo Sohn
- Asaad, Digital Marketeer for http://www.blog.gift-library.com
- Pavlina, Freelance Web Designer
- Misae Richwoods, Brand Representative
- Minna Rossi, Photographer
- Hannah Roberts, Marketing Director at ZigZagZig
- Emily, Social Media and Content Consultant at Leapfrogg
- Jamie Peach
- Sophie Mawson
- We Like Shopping, Online Fashion Startup
- Raphael Roggendorf, Designer at http://www.raphaelroggendorf.com
- Yasmi, from PR agency at London Media Junkies
- Wish Want Wear
- Katerina Zherebtsova @KatiaCavallo from http://yummyolympic.wordpress.com
- Samantha Vandersteen @Samantha_Van84 http://theblondeandthewardrobe.wordpress.com
- Ania @MischiefOnHeels troublemakeronheels.blogspot.co.uk
- Andrea Tola @Andrea_ilaka http://www.attention-uk.com
- Lauren Lavene @LaurenLavene http://www.laurenlavene.onsugar.com
- Isabel Fernandez @IsabFer http://www.ladylond.com
- HJ Fantaskis, @HJFantaskis http://www.hjfantaskis.tumblr.com
- Michaela Deasy-Smith, Freelance Fashion Journalist @ChicFantastique chicfantastique.wordpress.com/about/
- Orlagh O’Reilly, @TheMiniPost http://www.theminipost.tumblr.com
- Claire Eluka, @premae_claire http://www.alifelessirritating.wordpress.com
- Dovile @DovileDiiFEM diaryofmodernsocialite.wordpress.com
- Minnie Seibt, @Minzknows http://www.minnieknows.blogspot.co.uk
- Sabrina Johnson, Details TBC
- Timea Talin, Jewellery Designer
- Peter Grillet , @MrGrillet
- Oonagh and Tracy, Luxury Lingerie @Iloveitsybitsy http://www.itsybitsyvintage.com
- Claire @thebuttononline http://www.thebuttononline.wordpress.com
- Rebecca, @SpeedyBecsRun http://www.thestyledynamo.com
- Amar, @SuaveLifestyles http://www.SuaveLifestyles.com
- Iria Corredoira, Street Style Photographer
- Susana , @susangcl www.susiinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/
- Notting Chic, WebZine promoting the Uber Cool places in Notting Hill
- Jai’me Jan, @jaimelondonboy http://www.boymeetsfashion.com
- Maria @MsDriftedSW http://www.missdriftedsnowwhite.com
- Letitiah Obiri, Freelance Journalist
- Anitha, http://www.fashionstyleology.com
- Rebecca Okell, Designer @Rebeccaokell http://www.rebeccaokell.co.uk
- Nicole Le Grange, Shoe Designer, @Loveartwearart http://www.loveartwearart.com
- Colin Ball, Eyewear Designer, http://www.colinleslieeyewear.co.uk
- Tina O, @Manestreambeaut http://www.manestreambeauty.com
- Netrobe.com @NETROBE http://www.netrobe.com
- Sheena, @shoes_na http://www.justcallmeshoena.blogspot.com
- Leo Martinez @lednano f4men.tumblr.com
- Laura Stefanescu
- Chloe Liu
- Alexxa B
- Debonita http://www.elegantlyfashionable.com
On one my recent photo walks around East London I came across this real quirky store called Comfort Station, and comfort it indeed is!
This quirky little store has all things small and nice,and is a jewellery heaven! All I wanted from the store was Everything!
Sadly,I did not have much time on my hands as I was with a real busy fast walking photo group so did not get a chance to browse through everything but I got in touch with the designer behind the store Amy Anderson, who makes each of these beautiful pieces in the Brick Lane Studio using sterling silver, gold, Swarovski and antique crystals,semi-precious stones and sustainably harvested woods.
It is a little visual treat in this shop and you can see the story behind each piece (bearing in mind I had 5 minutes I gathered this information..imagine the length of this post if I was there for 20).
If you ever get a chance, please take a wander down this street and tell me what you think?
Comfort Station HQ
22 Cheshire Street
London E2 6EH
Some Images from the Comfort Station store, Images from their Facebook Page